October 30, 2010
Play it safe with your dog on Halloween with these tips:
1) Keep all candy, particularly chocolate, out of reach.
2) Cellophane and wrappers can block intestinal tracts so secure all rubbish. Also, watch for leftover Halloween litter while walking your pooch the next day.
3) Be smart with decorations. Wagging tails can easily knock over lit candles and jack-o-lanterns.
4) Only dress your dog in a costume if he can tolerate it. Don't cover her eyes or airways.
5) Keep Fido away from the front door, especially if he is not properly socialized with children or is known to escape.
6) Occupy your dog and avoid anxiety with a special chew toy.
7) Don't leave your pup outside. Pranks, taunting and theft are common this time of year.
(By the team at http://fidodogtreats.com)